Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginEvent Calendar  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Friday June 15 (Read 16143 times)
06/13/12 at 13:18:52

Big Guy   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Texarkana, TX

I'm scheduled to take a 10 hour CHL class Saturday, starting at 7:00 am. I'm trying to talk Mrs. Sharon into taking it with me. If so, we'll probably pass on bike night in favor of getting to bed early. Wish us luck.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/14/12 at 05:56:51

oldman   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Goodluck Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 06/20/12 at 16:33:53

Big Guy   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Texarkana, TX

We shot at 3 yrds, 7yrds, and 15yrds.
I had already qualified before we got to the 15 yrd shoot and wasn't requuired to shoot the last 10 rounds. I did anyway though.

This was probably the 3rd best grouping of the 9 folks qualifying that day. I was the only one with a little bug gun. The others were using 9MMs, .40s and .45s. The fellow two places over from me was a Marine corp sniper. He looked at my target and commented, "that's a pretty good group with that little gun." Considering the source, I considered that high praise.

The license is good for 4 years after your next birthday. Mine is July 29th. I'll just wait a few weeks before sending in the paper work.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06/20/12 at 17:21:03

papadon   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Not Bad. What were you shooting?

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 06/20/12 at 19:17:15

Big Guy   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Texarkana, TX

Thanks, pappadon. It's a little Ruger LCP .380.
Photo from Ruger site.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 06/20/12 at 19:34:40

southernmule   Offline
Redwater, Texas

I qualified with a Kahr CW9, 9mm. I have an LCP and there is no way I can get that good of a pattern with it.
One of my Son-in-laws used a Kimber .45 and he only made one, 1", hole. He is the best shot I ever saw.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 06/21/12 at 13:42:00

Big Guy   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Texarkana, TX

Mr Mule:
Kahr CW9, 9mm and Kimber .45. I'm not a real gun expert, so it's no surprise I'd never heard of these two. I just did some Internet checking though and they seem like a couple of good guns. I'd like to have a 1911 .45, and that Kimber looks like a good choice for it. Your son-in-law must be a really good shot to hold a pattern like that, but he also had to be using a good gun. It speaks well for the Kimber.

I'm looking for a carry gun for Mrs. Sharon. With her extreem arthritis she can't pull the DA trigger on my Ruger. Ruger specifies an 8 lb. pull, though some of the reviews I've read tested it as low as 5.5 lbs. I'm thinking mine is closer to 8. What is your impression of your Kahr CW9?

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 06/21/12 at 16:05:09

southernmule   Offline
Redwater, Texas

I like the Kahr pistol. But I think it may be too large and too much trigger pull. I have a CW9, MK9, CW45.
I would recommend the Ruger LCR .38 Special +p or the S&W 642 .38Special +P. They both are hammerless. I have an LCR. The trigger pull is the smoothest I have ever pulled on a hand gun.
BTW...Kimber is top of the line.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print