Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginEvent Calendar  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Starter switch on my Valkyrie (Read 3029 times)
06/27/11 at 19:15:28

Big Guy   Offline
YaBB Administrator
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!
Texarkana, TX

The starter switch on my Valkyrie has been giving me trouble. I took it apart about a week ago and cleaned it up. It seemed better for a few days, but then got worse. I took it apart again, and checked to see that the plate on the slide moved freely.

...  ...  ...  ...

My camera quit on me, so I don't have any more photos. But I found that the slider had actuall melted, and the contact plate is welded into the plastic slides. I remember that Willie's Valk had the exact same problem.
I've got the tabs bent out so that it works if you know how and take it easy. The button wants to stay down if you push it too hard. It's a temporary fix. I'm going to have to order a switch.
The thing that frosts my shorts is that I don't believe yo can get just the switch. You've got to order the entire assembly. That an $80.00 part because of the failure of a $2.00 plastic switch.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/27/11 at 19:28:40

Willie TKana   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Big Guy wrote on 06/27/11 at 19:15:28:
The starter switch on my Valkyrie has been giving me trouble. I took it apart about a week ago and cleaned it up. It seemed better for a few days, but then got worse. I took it apart again, and checked to see that the plate on the slide moved freely.

[img] [img] [img] [img]

My camera quit on me, so I don't have any more photos. But I found that the slider had actuall melted, and the contact plate is welded into the plastic slides. I remember that Willie's Valk had the exact same problem.
I've got the tabs bent out so that it works if you know how and take it easy. The button wants to stay down if you push it too hard. It's a temporary fix. I'm going to have to order a switch.
The thing that frosts my shorts is that I don't believe yo can get just the switch. You've got to order the entire assembly. That an $80.00 part because of the failure of a $2.00 plastic switch.

= = = Yep, and in 5 years, I've replaced two 'starter buttons''...could this be another one of those Valk Characteristicx.... hehehehhehehe  Smiley   Huh

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 06/27/11 at 19:52:59

oldman   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Honda Parts Direct (at H&W) ,part #35013-mzo-020 is $68.75

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06/28/11 at 14:46:31

Willie TKana   Offline
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

oldman wrote on 06/27/11 at 19:52:59:
Honda Parts Direct (at H&W) ,part #35013-mzo-020 is $68.75

= = = That't how much awe-right, and its been since October 2010, the same amount...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print